Preoperative Instructions for Parents and Children – Dental Procedure Under General Anesthesia
Your child is about to undergo dental treatment under general anesthesia.
On the Day of the Procedure:
- On the day of the procedure, you must arrive at the medical center / hospital as instructed. The treatment start time is provided as a general estimate and may change for reasons concerning the operating room schedule.
- You must bring the patient’s magnetic member card and ID.
- Clothing – on the day of the procedure, it is recommended that your child wears comfortable clothing and make sure to bring a change of clothes and/or diapers.
- Fasting – you are not allowed to eat or drink for 6 hours before the procedure. This includes drinking water and brushing your teeth.
- Changes in overall health – you must immediately notify us of any change in your child’s overall health, such as a cold, cough or fever.
- Have a pain reliever ready at home for after the procedure (Acamol syrup, Advil, Nurofen, etc.).
After treatment, your child will remain in the recovery room for observation as necessary.
Important: You must arrive on time and follow the rules for fasting. Failing to abide by these instructions will result in the procedure being cancelled.
If you have any other questions, we will be more than happy to help – just ask your doctor, the clinic director or the clinic’s customer service manager.
Wishing you a quick recovery!